Tokio Hotel VIP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paparazzi - Not the Lady Gaga Song! *soap box warning*

2 posters

Go down

Paparazzi - Not the Lady Gaga Song!  *soap box warning*  Empty Paparazzi - Not the Lady Gaga Song! *soap box warning*

Post  Dinahkin Fri 08 Jul 2011, 2:11 pm

Yesterday 7.7.11, private paparazzi images of Tom Kaulitz surfaced on the internet. The images were taken in a public place, yes, but I feel strongly that it was still a private moment and all the guys are entitled to a private life away from snooping cameras! They make themselves available for enough pics and photo opportunities at work!

I feel that everyone is entitled to personal privacy, whether or not they earn their living in high profile employments. Actors, Musicians, Sports personalities all have a right to as much privacy as Mr or Mrs J Bloggs or Mr and Mrs J Doe.

TV and the printed press publicise the "pseudo fans" who harass TH. Poking fun at the "pseudo fans" maybe, but also, providing encouragement that, by being filmed/interviewed/selling pics of the guys, the "pseudo fans" themselves can achieve their own 15 minutes of fame! Same with paparazzi - how many hits has that website had recently I wonder?

The media have a responsibility and from what I've seen of the media frenzy around TH, a large proportion of the media, particularly in Europe, seem to have forgotten that. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Journalism_ethics_and_standards is a link which many in that industry would do well to revisit, particularly regarding personal privacy.

PR is the lifeblood of the entertainment industry but that doesn't give the media license to invade privacy, either directly or by encouraging others. We've a high profile criminal investigation in the UK at the moment involving alleged phone tapping of celebrities in order to gain stories which illustrates that point.

*not-so-gentle-reminder*

This Forum supports the band's privacy.
Please don't add any content showing private situations or family members and friends of Tokio Hotel.
We do not support stalkerazzi/harassment pictures, and they will be deleted if found.

Thank You!

Last edited by Dinahkin on Thu 28 Jul 2011, 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dinahkin
Dinahkin
Admin

https://thvip.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Paparazzi - Not the Lady Gaga Song!  *soap box warning*  Empty Re: Paparazzi - Not the Lady Gaga Song! *soap box warning*

Post  DaenerysK Mon 11 Jul 2011, 9:41 am

Comment from someone accusing the boys of lying and nothing but lying:

"With the girlfriends they could have just been open from the beginning, fans would have accept it. "

What planet is the poster of this comment living on???????????? Open up your eyes the fandom is already freaking out saying the pics are fakes blablabla a portion of this fandom is freaking out. They moved from Germany because their lives were hell there, or how else would you describe stalkers breaking in, attacking you, attacking your FRIENDS and FAMILY and following you around. The night the fanparty was held in Hamburg the twins were home but they were forced to go to a hotel because the fans raided their home that is no rumour that is a fact! Bill walked around with a bodyguard because people DID actually attack him and they werent always haters! So they moved to LA big deal I would have done so long ago. I can imagine how the freedom must feel to them, I see the stress gone from their faces, I see Bill who grew up a hell of a lot in a short period of time, I hear their interviews and I hear the enthousiasm. GET THIS IN YOUR HEADS: THEY ARE HAPPY LIVING IN THE US and they werent anymore in Germany because of THE PSEUDO FAN STALKERS "IM MEANT TO BE WITH YOU" people who couldnt leave them alone!

And as far as the "lying" is concerned: of course they lie! Its the only way they can have a little bit of privacy, and I understand and respect them for that. If I had a new relationship I wouldnt feed my loved one to a bunch of rabids who would always ALWAYS be negative no matter how much I loved her or how real it was. I would want to protect the woman I love from their hate too so I would tell whatever I had to, just to keep her safe. And Im not saying everyone is like that, but the (I hope) minority that is, forces them to lie. I know for fact that Bill is also taken (duh!) but he'd be stark raving mad to come out because in his case people are even more obsessed than Tom who has his "player image" working for him now. And no Im not trying to cause a hassle, I just say what I know is true, I have the proof of that too. And until Bill HIMSELF shares it with the world that proof remains where it is, on my harddrive. They protect themselves and the people they care about and as long as they are truthful about the music I couldnt care less.

Because as much as some fans dont even want to consider it, the MUSIC is the only thing we have any right to, not the boys themselves or the people around them. They are fantasies and can never live up to what fans make of them. As for me, I wish them nothing but the best, whatever makes them happy is fine for me because their music makes ME happy. I wish every "fan" who is so negative and is hating them for their "lies" would just grow up. Its about the music people...
DaenerysK
DaenerysK
Admin

Back to top Go down

Paparazzi - Not the Lady Gaga Song!  *soap box warning*  Empty Re: Paparazzi - Not the Lady Gaga Song! *soap box warning*

Post  Dinahkin Mon 11 Jul 2011, 8:32 pm

I couldn't agree with you more!

As the strapline says its "all about the music", I strongly feel that, as fans, we have no "right" to demand access to the guys private time, their private lives are exactly that, "private", not for public access.

Whatever the members of Tokio Hotel choose to do in private, it is entirely their business and no one elses. Having read some of the comments and seen the behaviour of some fans, even in the relatively short time I've been aware of TH, I am appalled by some of the actions.. climbing in litter bins, stalking...and claiming that band members are "theirs" - I mean, grow up kiddies, puleease!

Given that mindset in what I call "pseudo fans", I can fully understand if the guys feel the need to be covert with their private lives, any "public" relationship would be put under intense scrutiny. This latest round of paparazzi pics and the minority of jealous immature comments floating around, underlines that. There have been a lot of very supportive comments too, but private is still private, as far as I'm concerned.

I'm looking forward to new music, new award ceremonies, new interviews etc - those are what we as fans have access to, Tokio Hotel at work.

I feel that fans have no right to be aware of the guys private lives unless the guys themselves so choose.

Thats my opinion.
Dinahkin
Dinahkin
Admin

https://thvip.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down