Tokio Hotel VIP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SingFest Singapore

Go down

SingFest Singapore Empty SingFest Singapore

Post  Dinahkin Tue 02 Aug 2011, 11:35 am

Performance - not in set order.. ( not full set either..sorry.. Embarassed )

SingFest Singapore Singes10

SingFest Singapore Singes11

SingFest Singapore Singes12

SingFest Singapore Singes13

(pics by Shimmery)

Last edited by Dinahkin on Tue 02 Aug 2011, 12:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dinahkin
Dinahkin
Admin

https://thvip.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

SingFest Singapore Empty Re: SingFest Singapore

Post  Dinahkin Tue 02 Aug 2011, 12:04 pm

Review of the show

( transcribed by Tokio Hotel Singapore - many thanks)

"The pop singer and Tokio Hotel charmed and delivered but the Wonder Girls disappointed

Of the music festival’s line-up over the three days, Tuesday’s certainly takes the cake for being the most international. There was saucy Katy Perry from California, pop rock band Tokio Hotel from Germany and pop group Wonder Girls from South Korea.
Not every act left a good taste in the mouth, though. After local singer Inch Chua, alternative rock band The Like and singer-songwriter Orianthi from Down Under warmed up the crowd, the five Girls came on around 8.30pm in an assortment of short dresses. They proceeded to underwhelm with their singing which sounded rather shrill and ragged.

They were also dwarfed by the size of the stage and could easily have done with another, say, five back-up dancers. Or perhaps they could have a live band instead of singing to a minus-one track as if this were a karaoke session.
When they disappeared for a costume change, a music video of theirs played on the screens. It was not a good sign that they sounded considerably better then.
Reappearing in matching denim outfits, they urged the crowd to sing along for Tell Me before ending with their big hit, Nobody. Their moves were smoothest here, but then again, they have been doing the same routine to this track for two years now so they certainly have had plenty of practice.

Tokio Hotel were up next and while some might dismiss them as goth-lite, they definitely got the crowd going. Next to them, the Wonder Girls seemed like rank amateurs.
In his all-black get-up, lead singer Bill Kaulitz looked like a tall and gangly dark angel with out-of-control shoulder pads. The boys revved things up with their radio-friendly brand of pop-rock and even hauled a motorcycle onstage.

They also knew how to turn up the drama, so Darkside of the Sun came complete with jets of flames."

"Comments from people who attended:
Vox Pops
Germane D’Rozario, 20, student – I liked Tokio Hotel and Katy Perry. They really made an effort to make their performance mind-blowing. It was really good to see Orianthi perform for the first time. Wonder Girls were disappointing, though. I expected more from them.

Ahmad Kahar, 32, advertising executive – I thought it was very well organized. The acts were very cool. And even though I’m not an emo guy, I ended up falling in love with Tokio Hotel.

Kaylee Sia, 22, banker – I thought it was pretty good. The sound system was awesome. I liked that Katy Perry invited the audience to dance with her. Tokio Hotel put in a lot of effort for the visual effects. Overall, it was worth the money I spent.

Raymond Chia, 34, fund manager – I think Tokio Hotel’s performance was the best. The tightness of the band, their showmanship, and how they came back for an encore were all very commendable. The first few bands were not very good, though it makes sense that they would save the best for last."
Dinahkin
Dinahkin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dinahkin Tue 02 Aug 2011, 12:15 pm

Review of show - SpinorBin
(source http://spinorbinmusic.wordpress.com/2010/08/08/singfest-2010-a-review/)

"Expanded from two weekends to three weekdays due to popular demand, SINGfest 2010 saw some of the biggest international acts such as Katy Perry, Tokio Hotel, Kanye West and Smashing Pumpkins playing at the historic Fort Canning Park this week. The iconic festival is seen as one of the highlights of Singapore concert scene, and here’s why.

Over 17,000 music fans turned up for the annual music festival which boasted current ‘It’ girl Katy Perry, influential rapper Kanye West, and one of the greatest band of the 90s – Smashing Pumpkins. Local indie acts Inch Chua and The Great Spy Experiment were the opening acts for the first and third day of the festival. Coming on at around 6pm, they performed to an expectedly small crowd. With most people still slogging at work during that time, I suspect even the small crowd were not there for our local acts. They were probably early so they can find a good spot to view Katy, Kanye and Billy (Corgan) up close. Local groove rockers Sixx did not even manage to perform because Kanye overran his soundcheck. Such is the dire state of local music. And I shall not comment on whether the acts were paid or not.

I can write a full-length review on each act for all 3 days but decided not to bore you. So here are some highs (and lows) of the three-day festival:
Highlights:

The crowd went wild as the opening techno beats rang out Tokio Hotel’s opening number, the energetic Noise. And that set the tone for the next 1-hour of their performance. As much as I am ambivalent to most of their music, they are a very, very tight band with their guitars, bass and drums fully audible and played without a single hitch. Barely into their twenties, the German pop rock band displayed incredible showmanship which proved how long Bill Kaulitz and gang have been playing together and demonstrated a caliber that even converted a hardened skeptic like me.

Ulimately, SINGfest 2010 was an undeniable success and provided an incredible platform for local talent. The festival was well organized with plenty of amenities including food and drink (hell, even the portable potties were sparkling clean!)
Keep supporting homegrown acts and they could possibly perform at a ‘primetime’ slot at next year’s event. Expect SINGfest 2011 to rock your world yet again."
Dinahkin
Dinahkin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down