Tokio Hotel VIP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

David Bowie 1947 - 2016 #RIP

Go down

David Bowie 1947 - 2016 #RIP Empty David Bowie 1947 - 2016 #RIP

Post  Dinahkin Mon 11 Jan 2016, 2:27 pm

I can't really explain how I felt this morning when I discovered that David Bowie had died. 
My first popular music memory is of listening to Changes at my junior school age 10/11, which as I'm now 54 was a while ago. 

David Bowies' music has been a central point in forming my music taste, coincidentally introducing me via Glam Rock to Marc Bolan, T Rex, and The Sweet, and set the tone for my music taste which led me to Tokio Hotel. 

I remember him "Dancing in the Streets" with Mick Jagger, singing "Little Drummer Boy / Peace on Earth" with Bing Crosby (which by the way is a harder piece to perform than they made it look), introducing "The Snowman" animation and many many more musical and film memories.. including "The Laughing Gnome".. kind of a homage to the style of Anthony Newley which always makes me smile to hear it. 

As a actor, "Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence" amazed me, and then later "Labyrinth" became my all time favourite film, adding to my ongoing list of fantasy appreciation. 

I loved the way he reinvented his stage persona, from Ziggy Stardust to the Thin White Duke and onward.. 

I still feel shocked and saddened by the news this morning but one thing is absolutely sure.. David Bowie may now be a Starman, but his talent and personality will never be forgotten. 

I think today's Facebook post from Tony Visconti fits .. 

"He always did what he wanted to do. And he wanted to do it his way and he wanted to do it the best way. His death was no different from his life - a work of Art. He made Blackstar for us, his parting gift. I knew for a year this was the way it would be. I wasn't, however, prepared for it. He was an extraordinary man, full of love and life. He will always be with us. For now, it is appropriate to cry."

(https://www.facebook.com/tony.visconti1?fref=ts)

Dinahkin
Dinahkin
Admin

https://thvip.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down