Tokio Hotel VIP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BTK App **Please read** Be aware of copyright

Go down

BTK App   **Please read**  Be aware of copyright Empty BTK App **Please read** Be aware of copyright

Post  Dinahkin Thu 22 Dec 2011, 7:35 pm

The BTK App is now live worldwide, although at time of writing, its only available on Android devices, the Apple version of the app appears to be shy..  

As an "Android Alien" I can tell you that its a great app with really good content ! Super pics and videos. When you download it, you will enjoy it as its great fun! Smile

However, you may have seen that there are screens shots and videos of the videos all over the internet *DESPITE* the app having clear copyright information which means that this is illegal.

(see pics below for information)

I agree wholeheartedly with the stance taken by @BTGG of http://tokiohotel-lovealways.com

This site will also respect the legal requirement of the Copyright and will not be violating it by posting any App content which is not otherwise available through other official media.

For those of you who have the App already or will be soon getting it, please make sure you read the terms carefully.

When you sign-up for the BTK APP, you are agreeing to the ‘Copyright’ shown below..

BTK App   **Please read**  Be aware of copyright App_cw12

BTK App   **Please read**  Be aware of copyright App_cw11

Last edited by Dinahkin on Wed 05 Mar 2014, 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Dinahkin
Dinahkin
Admin

https://thvip.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

BTK App   **Please read**  Be aware of copyright Empty Re: BTK App **Please read** Be aware of copyright

Post  Dinahkin Fri 20 Jan 2012, 11:22 am

As you know, the App is now available on Android and Apple os.. and, as suggested, there has been copyright infringement which has led to an official notice from the app admin. and grumbling from some elements of the fandom..

Please can I draw your attention to a post on http://tokiohotel-lovealways.com/2012/01/20/notice-11/ because I couldnt put it better myself.

Noticing some have been complaining & finger pointing at Tom & Bill for copyright issues
STOP IT!

THere IS a business end to TH.
THey are THe entertainers but Universal aims to make $.
Don’t blame Tokio Hotel for necessary business dealings

THose who pay for BTK get all sorts of juicy privileges!
THose who do not have THe app only get screenies, no interaction wiTH Tom & Bill

So please, don’t argue or get angry.
You’re getting Lots more for your $ THen could ever be had by a screenshot.
WeTHer you have BTK or have not, PLEASE
Don’t Blame THe Twins!

It is wonderfully amazing how much Tom & Bill are sharing
Be grateful
After all, what oTHer band does THis much for THeir admirers?

Read more: http://tokiohotel-lovealways.com/2012/01/20/notice-11/#ixzz1jzpfqnp0
Dinahkin
Dinahkin
Admin

Back to top Go down

BTK App   **Please read**  Be aware of copyright Empty Re: BTK App **Please read** Be aware of copyright

Post  Dinahkin Sat 21 Jan 2012, 6:26 pm

*climbs on soapbox*

Since day one of the BTKapp there has been a clear copyright notice as part of the log in process. Both on the Android version ( a small c logo) and more obviously on the Apple version.

So everyone who logged on had the opportunity to read it.

I'm aware that the presence of copyright was circulated via Twitter and almost unanimously the response was along the lines of "Pfft, so what, we are Aliens and we are going to share, we dont give a F***" not exactly a responsible response to legal issues.

Yes, I'm aware that TH fans have been given access to Tokio Hotel as a band via THTV etc. even though I wasn't then a fan, I discovered TH in 2009..

But this app isnt "Tokio Hotel", its BTK and as such, the guys have a right to expect their private information which they chose to share with people who have signed up for the app to remain with the people who signed up for the app.
That's what copyright is, a legal process which controls the sharing of information/music/written material/video..

I know I'm going to get slammed by the Alien army for saying any of this but I also think that the cost of the app is very small compared to other apps on both the Android and the Apple operating system.

In the UK, the Android version costs £2.29 and the Apple version costs £1.99, to put that into perspective, thats less than a pint of beer! .. its not a huge amount, even by pocket money standards. Any comments about "follow up costs" are rumours, I have both versions of the app and no follow up costs have ever been paid.

For the opportunity to see personal pics taken by the guys, to see how they see things, sunsets, fairgrounds, video access of them in a piercing studio, a tattoo parlour..  to get a little insight into how they think, what makes them laugh..not to mention that the guys post info and reply to posts personally on a daily basis.. its not a huge sum.

I love Tokio Hotel for the talented musicianship and amazing stage performances..

I have the BTKapp because I was curious as to what the guys would share and as far as that content goes, I have not been disappointed.

In my opinion, which I am entitled to express this being a free country when I last looked, although the majority of users of the BTKapp are making commonsense type comments on the various posts, its also being used by prepubescent girls and hormone ridden young ladies to either repeatedly declare their undying love and absolute knowledge that either Bill or Tom will read a post and be smitten enough to track them down, marry them and ride off with them into the sunset or.. in the case of the young ladies, provide entertainment of a different kind..

Pity, because that kind of misses the point.

These guys are part of a group of four very talented musicians who created a band we all know and love called Tokio Hotel.

I think that the guys are worthy of more personal respect from their fanbase than they are currently receiving. They chose to share a little of themselves with us, so far I think all we've done is shown them how little we actually deserve that trust..
(Maybe its because internet trolling is an offence in the UK that I react so badly?)

As a significantly older fan than the majority ( I'm 50+)  I appreciate that my comments may not sit well with some. But, I felt the need to say them.

*gets down from soapbox*
Dinahkin
Dinahkin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down